nm|OK is not a news source per se. However, on a daily basis the staff reviews between 300-350 news items. Some of the information garnered from this review is input directly in the various modules in the database. For instance:
- personnel updates, new financing, minor M&A arrangements, etc. are directly added to the Company module
- product updates, such as IND filings/approvals, initiation or closure of clinical trials, issuance of patents, certain business affiliations, preclinical test reports, grants and funding, etc. are entered in the New and Marketed Drugs modules
- news from academic institutions regarding new findings are entered throughout nm|OK, in the New and Marketed Drugs, Targets in Oncology or the Oncology Terms & Resources modules
News releases included in the News Summaries module are those reporting major developments in oncology, relating to cancer drugs or in vivo testing/personalized medicine. Unique items are selected from summarized releases and presented monthly as News Highlights on the subscriber page. In this case the information is directly linked to the actual press release summary and to certain relevant records in nm|OK. The News Summaries database may be searched by:
- Company (name, abbreviation, note),
- Topic (drug, diagnostic, device, etc.) or
- Content (drug name, cancer indication, etc.).
These summaries remain on the nm|OK site for about 6 months, when they become unavailable. However, information relevant to all aspects of drug development contained in the news releases is incorporated into the various nm|OK modules, where it is permanently available to subscribers.
Please see our SEARCH TIPS for more information on using the Search Suggestions.